Two-day Training on Minimum Service Delivery Standards for Clinical Labs and Collection points
A 02-day training on the Minimum Service Delivery Standards (MSDS) for the Third batch of Clinical Laboratories & Collection Centers was organized at the Khyber Institute of Child health (KICH), Hayatabad Peshawar by the Directorate of Quality of Khyber Pakthunkhwa Health Commission on the 13th and 14th of Sep, 2023.
The training commenced with recitation of verses of the Holy Quran followed by a brief introduction of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Health Care Commission and MSDS.
A total of 21 participants of Clinical Laboratories from Peshawar Metropolis attended the training. The following ten functional areas of MSDS were covered during the two-day sessions:
1. Responsibility of Management (ROM).
2. Facility Management and Safety (FMS).
3. Human Resource Management (HRM).
4. Management of Equipment & Reagents (MER).
5. Recording and Reporting System (RRS).
6.Quality Assurance (QA)
7. Biosafety and Biosecurity (BB)
8. Patient rights and Education (PRE)
9. Care of Patients (COP)
10. Access Assessment and Continuity of Care (AAC)
The training concluded by an interactive session of the participants with the Deputy Director Quality, various concerns and queries of the participants were discussed and addressed. At the end, Course Completion certificates were distributed among the participants.